Identifying Asbestos Containing Materials to ensure your safety.
Our Asbestos Surveys
Arco Environmental offer all manner of asbestos identification, management, and removal services to those responsible for non-domestic properties throughout the UK. All of our staff are fully trained, experienced and accredited to ensure that your property conforms to all relevant legislation concerning the presence of asbestos, including Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations in 2012, and is compliant with HSE Guidance Document HSG 264 2nd Edition 2012.All of our surveyors are passionate about every survey that is undertaken and have a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the uses and locations of Asbestos within all varying building types.
Not only does the historical legacy of asbestos materials and contamination in buildings have serious health effects, but also the economic cost of on-going management and removal can be substantial and unfortunately, from experience, unexpected.
Regardless of whether you are buying a single property or a portfolio, for cost factoring purposes, it make sense for the purchaser to make reasonable enquiries as to the extent of asbestos and associated contamination as part of the due diligence process.
If you intend to develop, refurbish or demolish, then it highly unlikely that the asbestos survey documentation that is provided by the seller will allow you to accurately cost for asbestos removal.
As part of our acquisition and divestment service we offer:
- Desktop review of the survey information provided by the seller, which should also include historical records relating to asbestos removal in the property/property portfolio.
- Most surveys that are available have been produced with the purpose of identifying asbestos materials which are reasonably accessible – literally surface materials. Asbestos may be present behind non-asbestos material and sometimes asbestos material will be concealing other asbestos material!
Example: A leading and international building contractor allocates an asbestos removal budget of £1,000,000 based on the information provided by the seller of the portfolio. The majority of the asbestos is ceiling tiles which conceals the presence of sprayed asbestos on the structural beams resulting in a final asbestos removal cost of £6,000,000.
- Where the information is not accurate for budget forecasting we can attend site to check quantities and the accuracy of the data. If permission is granted by the seller, as an asbestos removal contactor we can safely, discreetly and by working out of hours, remove any non-asbestos materials to check for the presence of concealed materials.
- We know that speed is of the essence and we can rapidly mobilise teams and provide feedback in 48 hours from completing our site investigations.
- By a combination of review and site inspection where necessary we can provide budgets for management and removal costs which can be used in contract negotiations.
- If we are provided with the scope of intended work in a property we will undertake an asbestos refurbishment and demolition survey in accordance with legislation (Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and the Construction Design and Management Regulations
AlphaTracker – Simplifying Surveying
All of the surveys undertaken by us are completed using the Alpha Tracker system. This system allows us to undertake the surveys on site efficiently and effectively. It also allows our clients to log into our database to view the survey reports for all of their property portfolios should this be required. Subsequently this has allowed for a much quicker turn around time for all of the surveys that are undertaken by us.
Another benefit of this system is it allows us to upload and hold all surveys undertaken on one database. Subsequently, this database then allows us to create individual login details for our clients to conveniently access their surveys whether it is the office or on site. To assist with the on-going duty contained within the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, we are able to provide quick response (QR) codes for each area that has been surveyed.
These codes can be conveniently placed in each room in a pre-arranged location whether it is in a visible area or a discreet area to enable personnel to access information in relation to what has been sampled, inspected or not accessed.
This system can be locked so that only authorised users can access the potentially sensitive information with the use of a password that is specific to you. This can enable contractors that are undertaking maintenance work within areas as they can access the Asbestos information to the room in question quickly and conveniently. By allowing access through the password system, a log is created and can be accessed to see who is looking at the information by listing individual names and company names, times and dates of when the information was accessed. This can be used to ensure that compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 is fully met and well controlled.
About Our Surveys
At Arco Environmental we pride ourselves on providing a high quality surveying service to every customer. We achieve this by focusing on the most important elements of asbestos surveying:
- Full Planning and Preparation
- Knowledgeable and Experienced Surveyors
- Detailed and Precise Survey Techniques
- Clear and Concise Survey Reports
Call For a Quote:
Our Survey Types
If you have a material or item that you are concerned may contain asbestos, then our surveyors can attend and sample the item for analysis.
To help you comply with Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 our surveyors will undergo a management survey to identify all ACMs present.
To support the demolition or refurbishment of any building constructed before 2000 we can conduct fully intrusive asbestos R&D surveys.